The most relevant shift that architecture has undergone throughout the 20th century was the incorporation of women into its practice. In the case of Spain, this situation coincided with the transition from the late Franco Regime to the current Democracy. MuWo research project studies the difficulties of that incorporation and analyses the contributions of women architects to the Spanish built environment and the difference of their female gaze. Read more
- Editationa Women Architects and Urban Planners. Aspasia-LAAB
- Lecture . Aspasia Program. Government of Aragon
- MuWo presents 3 papers at the V CIAG
- MuWo’s Team organized a Temathic Session at III CICFEM
- Guide to introducing gender perspective into architecture teaching and research
- El Periodico de Aragón on MuWo’s Interactive Map
- Eldiario.es on MuWo Interactive Map
- Lecture at the ETOPIA Center for Art and Technology
- (Podcast) El Ojo Crítico. Roser Amadó
- Special Issue «Becoming a Gender Equity Democracy. Women and Architecture Practice in Spain and Portugal, 1960s-1980s»
- MuWo’s team presents 3 papers at the III Iberoamerican Conference on the History of Furniture
- 4º meeting «gender perspectives in architecture»
- Special Collection «Architectural Historiography and Fourth Wave Feminism»
Presentation event, April 13 2023
Casa de la Arquitectura (Zurbano Palace), Madrid
INTERACTIVE DIGITAL MAP OF ARCHITECTURES DESIGNED BY WOMEN ARCHITECTS IN SPAIN, 1965-2000 #WomenArchitectsontheMap
Photographic project subsidised by the Instituto de las Mujeres,
Ministry of Equality, Government of Spain. Code 29/2ACT/21
Video about the photographic experience
Architecture women photographers
New Special Issue
ZARCH #18 (June 2022)
Women, feminist practices, and alternative practitioners in Architecture
Editors: Lucía C. Pérez-Moreno (Zaragoza University / KU Leuven) and Ann E. Komara (University of Colorado, Denver)
ARQUITECTAS CON 'A'
Women Architects in Spain. Interview in TV Show ‘Escala Humana’. Chapter 49.
I Spanish National Meeting
27, 28, 29 October 2021
women and architectures.
towards an egalitarian profession
Chair: Lucía C. Pérez-Moreno (Zaragoza University, ES).
Virtual and Free event: Space FQ – Arquia Foundation
The Final Declaration of the First Spanish National Meeting Women and Architectures: Towards an Egalitarian Profession is now avaliable in the form of an infographic made by the women architect and feminist activist Itziar González Virós.